Matloub Husayn Ali Khan

I am Matloub Husayn Ali Khan, Free-lance Journalist/Broadcaster & Projects Management Consultant.

I worked as a Mechanical Engineer for around 12 years with voluntary community work (activism) in the late 1970s and full-time youth work practitioner in 1986. I was employed as a Council Officer within the Sheffield City Council's Education Department (Youth Service) which ended in 2000. I studied in Sheffield and Manchester and gained a B.A. (Hons) Degree in Social Studies post-graduate Diploma in Youth Work, 1988 and 1990, respectively. In the 1980s, I was very active in political activism through groups like Asian Youth Movement and other struggles around Human Rights concerning my place of birth Kashmir. My interest in writing goes back to my School days – when I wrote an article on ‘life in Pakistan/Kashmir’ for the school magazine n 1972-73. To my fellow Pakistani pupil’s horror! The pioneering “Roots 85” overland trip to Pakistan/Kashmir my place of birth as mentioned here in the Burngreave Messenger & follow:

http://www.burngreavemessenger.org.uk/35oct03/ket.htm.) By 2002, I became a regular contributor to the Burngreave Messenger. After the very recent Sheffield Floods on 25th June 2007, the lack of our own British Media’s misunderstanding of Sheffield and river “Don” & many said “Dun”. This spurred me into becoming a Free-lance Journalist/writer by writing about the world (including my interest) in Music. Not forgetting, my passion for Radio broadcasting/presenting and management for over 15 years and more recently since 2000 to most recent broadcast in Sept/Oct 2008 with Radio Ramadhan. And our local community radio station (Burngreave Community Radio) since its inception in 2001 and onwards to present as “BCR 103.1fm”. The forthcoming “Roots 85 Diary” is a continuation of the 2003 mention in the Burngreave Messenger of this historic event written as a personal testimony and as a participant/witness to this epic journey to its final completion at Dover on 11th October 1985.

I am also working as a volunteer in the Burngreave Messenger & Burngreave Community Radio (BCR) with experience in Journalism and also Free-lance Carer/life-style Consultant.

My ongoing interest in local history past and present including international (global) events that have a bearing on me personally and the community I live and work in – with links to my origins and upbringing.

Print version

The content on this page was added to the website by Matloub Khan on 2008-02-09 12:07:33.
The content of the page was last modified by Matloub Khan on 2011-11-25 03:42:45.

Follow us on Twitter @TheBMessenger

All content is copyright © Burngreave Messenger Ltd. or its voluntary contributors, unless otherwise stated, not to be reproduced without permission. If you have any comments, or are interested in contributing to the Messenger and getting involved, please contact us.

Burngreave Messenger Ltd. Abbeyfield Park House, Abbeyfield Road, Sheffield S4 7AT.
Telephone: 0114 242 0564. Email: mail@burngreavemessenger.org
Company Limited by Guarantee: 04642734
Registered Charity: 1130836

The Burngreave Messenger is a community newspaper with editorial independence, funded by the Big Lottery, Foyle Foundation, Trusthouse Charitable Foundation, the Garfield Weston Foundation, the Scurrah Wainwright Charity, local residents and our advertisers.

Help the Messenger with a donation