Formerly of 41 Nottingham Street.
Arrived in Sheffield 1958, lived in Pitsmoor ever since, from Abbeyfield Road to Nottingham Street.
He worked as a building labourer, felled trees and helped lay the foundation for The Royal Hallamshire Hospital.
He worked as a machinist with British Hetchinson then with Laycocks Engineering.
Granddad Freddy breathed his last on this earthly plain at 10:15 pm at the Northern General Hospital with his grandson David and granddaughter in law, Merclyn by his side.
He is outlived by four sons: Stepford, Lionel, Randolph and Moses. Also three daughters Joyce, Lucille and Lorna.
He has 20 grandchildren, 50 great grandchildren, six great great grandchildren plus many nieces and nephews and cousins.
May the Lord grant him eternal peace…