Yemeni Community Association/Burngreave After School Study Support
We are looking for an experienced youth worker/personal advisor to work with young men in the Burngreave area, particularly focused on the Vestry Hall/Spital Hill area.
The job will be to work with/mentor a group of young men (aged 11-18) to assist/encourage them to remain in school or College and do well, or find employment, and to stay out of trouble.
We would expect applicants to have the following experience:
• Information, Advice and Guidance – sign-posting
• Youth work with individuals and groups
• Street based work and knowledge
• Working with black and minority ethnic young people
• Developing and evaluating work
There will be a budget for positive activities, but the focus will be on mentoring and supporting the young people. The person appointed will have opportunities to apply for additional funding to extend the work.
The post will last at least until the end of March 2013.
Rate of pay: £10 per hour
No of hours: 15 per week