At Sorby House. Led by a published author.
Writing stories for children
10am – 1pm Friday 15th February
- Do you want to learn how to engage and entertain children with your very own stories?
- Would you like to bond with your child through reading them a very special story?
- Would you like to try to write a story for your child or other children?
Learn the basics of how to write your own stories that you can read to children, practise some writing and get feedback.
Short story writing
10am – 1pm Saturday 23rd March
- Are you good with words?
- Do you have a vivid imagination or would like to improve your imagination?
- Would you like to try to write a short story?
Learn the basics of creative writing, practise some writing using life in Burngreave as a stimulus and get feedback.
Use your creativity and have fun!
Both workshops are led by Tunde Farrand, a Sheffield-based novelist whose debut novel was published in January 2019. They are aimed at people with little or no experience of creative writing. A good level of English is required (a minimum of ESOL Level 1 if you are a non-native English speaker).
Participants must be at least 18 years old and live or work in Burngreave (or have a strong relationship with the area).
To enrol, email email@example.com or phone 0114 242 0564 (leave a message if no-one answers), stating name, address, phone number and which workshop you are interested in.
NB Places are limited and will be allocated on a first-come-first-served basis.