Story by the Your Local Area team.
Activities and provision for children and young people is a key area for councillors and the local community. Ensuring that we are delivering the services that are needed is central to so many of our priorities for Burngreave; it is an area we must get right. That is why we are taking a survey of what provision already exists in the area, so that we can identify any gaps and avoid unnecessary duplication.
We want to create a fuller picture of what is available and so would like anyone who is providing to get in touch and let us know what you are doing and, if you use services, what you think about children and young people’s services in Burngreave. Whether it is a homework club, sports activities, advice and support, we want to know about it. Please let us know when and where your activities are run, who they are open to and whether there is any cost involved.
Please pass your information on to firstname.lastname@example.org or get in touch to find out more information.
We are also looking at how we can update and improve our ‘ward priorities’. We can then support a number of neighbourhood projects that tackle the agreed priorities, improve or integrate service delivery and increase community strength.
We want to know what matters to you. We will be holding a number of conversation events in the New Year where you can come and talk to your councillors about what matters to you.
The existing priorities are:
Community Support and Wellbeing
- Mitigate the impact of welfare reforms.
- Activities to ensure good physical and mental health.
- Activities to help people access employment and training.
Environment and Public Realm
- Promote initiatives that help clean-up the area.
- Encourage volunteers and friends groups to improve green spaces
Cohesion and Safety
- Celebrate the diversity of the area by supporting events that bring the community together.
- Champion partnership working to tackle any community tensions
- Improve perceptions of crime in the area
Children Young People and Families
- Encourage positive activities for Children and Young People, including those that help raise attainment
- Promote the take up of free early learning places
- Promote the additional school places
You can contact the Sheffield City Council You Local Area team on 0114 203 7562 or visit https://northeastsheffield.wordpress.com/