Come and meet the people doing stuff in Abbeyfield House and Park on Sunday 27th June 1pm-4:30pm.
- Try out bowling for newcomers with experts on the beautiful 100 year old Green.
- Enjoy a cuppa and homemade cake.
- Find out more about The Stables project and plans.
- Meet the community gardeners and see what they’re up to.
- Socially distanced tours of the house, outdoor activities, fun and refreshments in the park all afternoon!
The Burngreave Messenger will have a table there with activities and information. We’ll be asking locals to speak out about their health needs and inviting you to add your wishes for Burngreave to our ‘Wishing Line’.
Gaby Spinks from the Friends of Abbeyfield Park group says:
“We are holding a covid-safe open day event in the Park this Sunday afternoon 1-4.30. Come and find out the plans for the Stables, the Bowling Green will be open for you to have a go at bowling. There’s a plant swap stall run by the Abbeyfield Gardeners and Hendrika’s plant swap table and a refreshment table with homemade cakes and tea. Our local councillors will be on hand as well if you want to come and bend their ears!
“Please bring any plants that you’d like to swap or donate to the flower beds in the park.”
Meet your neighbours – Join In! See you there!
Friends of Abbeyfield Park are a group of volunteers made up of members of the local community. If you would like to sign up and get involved or just get the newsletter please,
email them FOAP@groups.outlook.com