Friends of Parkwood Springs and Sheffield Interfaith invite you to join in the joint environmental initiative on Saturday 9th November, 11am – 2pm. The garden is looking wonderful but thanks to the bumper growing season there is plenty of digging to do so all help is greatly appreciated.
Parkwood Forest Garden is a beautiful calm space and a productive permaculture project. It is a young forest garden developed by Sheffield City Council in association with volunteers.
“After a summer of incredible growth in the garden we are now continuing the autumn tidy up. As always we will be undertaking general maintenance tasks focusing on existing plants and shrubs. Thanks to the ongoing work by volunteers from the GoodGym we will be continuing to weed their way around the garden and to apply wood chip.
“Thank you to everyone who has worked on, and visited the forest garden over the past months. We look forward to seeing old friends and meeting new ones as we continue to improve the garden.
“If you would like to stop for a shared lunch at around 1pm, that would be great. Bring your own food and maybe something to share.”
The workday will be hosted by Tim Shortland and Catherine Nuttgens who will be at the entrance of the car park from 10.45am. Contact details below.
- Please bring food/drink
- Come with suitable clothes and footwear (plus any blessings, songs, poems, readings, music, dance or whatever!)
- Please note there are no public conveniences on-site and only a wooden bench to sit on, so do come prepared. Wear sturdy shoes and dress for the weather.
- Location: Meet at Parkwood Springs Forest Garden car park (opposite flats104-138), Shirecliffe Road, S5 8XB at 11am.
- Travel: Buses – 32 SCT/TM Travel goes up Cooks Wood/Shirecliffe Road (alight before or after car park entrance). 83/83a Stagecoach, alight at stop just after Firshill Crescent and walk back along Shirecliffe Road. 3/3a First bus, alight at Pitsmoor road after turning right from Nottingham street. 1/1a, 2, 20, 29, 75, 76,& 88 First/Stagecoach all go up Burngreave road; alight at stop by Pitsmoor GP surgery (and then it’s a short walk up Minna road and on up Cooks Wood Road).
For more information contact:
Friends of Parkwood Springs
Nirmal Fernando, Burngreave Ashram
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Mob: 0793 201 7929
Tim Shortland, Community Forestry Manager
- Email: email@example.com
- Mob: 0778 536 2289