Based in the former Bob Marley studios, the Community Music Studios have been refurbished and equipped by Musical Works in partnership with SADACCA. The studios aims to provide a cultural and productive home for Sheffield talent, reflecting the diversity within our city and region, offering training, facilities and employment opportunities.
Musical Works are a Not for Profit organisation dedicated to providing music activities and opportunities to those most in need.
To celebrate the opening of the studios SADACCA are holding a day of workshops, demonstrations and activities for all ages and abilities. Come down, join in and get involved!
The studios will be open from 12 Noon until 8pm, when there will then be performances in the bar from Inavibe, PJ and more.
12 – 3pm
- Musical Works run group music making for young people! Try drums, guitars, keyboards, synthesisers, vocals, percussion, brass, strings, steel pans!
- Take part in recording musicians in the fully refurbished 24 track multi roomed “Marley Suite” recording studio.
- Learn about our equipment and how to get involved in recording sessions.
- Learn about Music programming in our training room with our production mentors.
- Take part in recording MCs in our “Production suite”.
- Check out the video suite for recording musical performances.
2pm – 4pm
Tripping Wires presents Contact Mic Drop In Session from 2:30-4pm. Explore how to use contact microphones to reveal the hidden music of household objects and learn how to build them yourself (basic soldering included). £FREE. No booking needed, just drop in, make, and play.
2pm – 3pm
Grab an instrument and enjoy jamming with Chris Campbell and Paulette Morris in our Reggae jam session (all ages and abilities)
3pm – 4pm
Local / Global superstar Kweku Sackey (K.O.G.) leads a huge Afro / Fusion percussion and vocal workshop using Steel Pans / African instruments (all ages and abilities)
4pm – 5pm
The gifted Lorna and Jay of Inavibe run a vocals and song-writing workshop. Write and record a song in the studio, then spit your lyrics onto video!
5pm – 6pm
Acclaimed Sheffield author Johny Pitts launches his new book “Afropean” in an exclusive event, reading extracts and discussing his work in conversation with the author Desiree Reynolds.
6pm – 8pm
Meet the staff, view the facilities find out about future training courses and opportunities.
8pm – 10pm
Performances and DJs in the SADACCA Bar, including; INAVIBE, Pj Francis, DJs Godson and Corinthian